Liquid Saffire 56 Audio Interface Overview
It’s amazing that there are so many different things out there in the audio engineering world. Whether you are a professional that works on large stages or the sound guy at your church, there is a lot of stuff that you learn and use in order to make the best quality sound that you can.
Are you looking for an awesome new FireWire interface that you can add to your recording studio or live stage? Are you looking for some awesome mixing quality in a compact form? Do you want to ry out some new technologies without breaking the bank? Then maybe you should consider one of Focusrite’s many interface products.
What is the Liquid Saffire 56?
The Liquid Saffire 56 is the “flagship” of Focusrite’s new 2U multi-channel FireWire audio interface. Based in Focusrite’s awesome pre-amp systems, the Liquid Saffire 56 builds on new Liquid technology to get you the best sound.
Liquid pre-amps are one of the newer technologies in the sound and preamp world. It allows for less distortion while keeping the authenticity of the digital conversion and getting rid of jitters. The inputs and outputs allow for a unique mix of sound that you may not get out of standard technology.
What features are included in the Liquid Saffire 56?
There are a variety of features that make the Liquid Saffire 56 unique and exciting for mixers and studio professionals, and you should know about them before making that final decision for your audio needs. Check them out.
– Two Liquid pre-amps. Analogue front end, ten different classic pre-amps, one “flat” option. Each of these also has a harmonics dial, so you can hone in for exactly what you’re looking for. This is first generation technology here, so have fun with it!
– Six classic Saffire pre-amps.
– High Quality 24-bit/192kHz FireWire Interface
– 28 inputs, 28 outputs, found both in the front and back of the module. Inputs include XLR’s, TRS lines, microphones, line inputs, instrument inputs.
– Focusrite VST/AU Plug-in Suite, to update your effects and add compression, reverb, gating, and EQ VST/AU.
– Two headphone buses, to compliment two monitor mixes.
– Saffire Mix Control Zero-latency DSP Mixer/Router with zero latency.
– Front panel 5-LED metering – easy to read, easy to measure, easy to adjust.
– A variety of emulated hardware, including Trany 1, Silver 2, FF Red 1, Savillerow, and more.
– Microphone Inputs: 20Hz – 20kHz +/- 0.1 dB Frequency response, Noise: EIN > 125dB (128dB analogue to digital) (measured at 60dB of gain with 150 Ohm termination (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
– Line Inputs: 20Hz – 20kHz +/- 0.1dB Frequency Response, Noise: -90dBu (22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
– Instrument Inputs: 20Hz – 20kHz +/- 0.1dB Frequency Response, Noise: -87dBu (20Hz/22kHz bandpass filter)
– Conversion Performance: A dynamic range of 110 db (A-weighted), with a clock jitter of <250 picoseconds.
With all of these awesome stats and flexible inputs and outputs, how could you not consider the Liquid Saffire 56 for your mixing needs, both in the studio and on the stage?
Is the Liquid Saffire 56 right for me?
Possibly! If you’re looking for cutting edge technology for your digital sound mixing and leveling, then the Liquid Saffire 56 should be at the top of your list. Lots of audio engineers and other sound professionals have switched, and here are some of their thoughts on the Liquid Saffire 56.
“I have never been happier with an interface. I am able to connect two eight imput digital interfaces. Crisp, clean sound everytime I turn on the system. After learning the accompanying software, the ease of use is incredible. The liquid pre-amp settings are a neat little add-on.” – Raphael B.
“INSANE! I have never heard my studio monitors sound like this. Focusrite makes some amazing products….wow! Even from their basic USB Saffire 6 interface, you get ridiculously amazing quality. Great for recording! Studio mics sound amazing…wow wow wow, that’s all I’m going to say” – Teddy A.
“This is the best upgrade I’ve ever made. You can search for the price range but you cannot beat this animal. This is a great product because it offers crisp clean sound, along with endless inputs, and custom mixes for people in the studio. I purchased mine and I’ve had vocalists along with musicians come into my studio and I am making my money back in just a few short sessions. I am a happy camper, and you will be too!” – Al E.
Studio professionals are raving about the Liquid Saffire and its innovative technology. Will you join the hundreds of people and studios that have made the switch? Check out the Liquid Saffire 56 multi-channel FireWire interface today.